Monday 9 March 2009

Rather than leave this in the comments area, I think it should be published here. It's an "annonymous" comment (though it could be from R. Caban!) and lends weight to a Balkan/Eastern European connection:

Hi with my R. Caban Haplogroup I1b
Positive for the following SNPs: M170+ M258+ P19+ P37.2+ P38+
Negative for the following SNPs: M161- M21- M223- M227- M253- M26- M307- M72- P30-
Haplogroup - I1b The Balkan countries likely harbored this subgroup of I during the Last Glacial Maximum. Today this branch is found distributed in the Balkans and Eastern Europe, and extends further east with Slavic-speaking populations

What do the rest of you think? Anyone else got tests done?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is Randy Caban and I can confirm as a member of FamilyTree DNA that the published DYS values are the same as mine.

Anonymous said...

Family Tree DNA - confirms as follows Haplogroup I2a -Shorthand I-P 37.2 with following Test
M161- M170+ M21- M22- M227- M253- M258+ M26- M307- M72- P19+ P30- P37.2+ P38+ -
Randy Caban

Shar said...

Hi Randy - I got a book out of the library to help break down the meaning of each set of markers. If you have a break down of which marklers point to where and if you would like to publish them here that would be really helpful. Otherwise I will try to work it out just so we all can no how to read this stuff and why it says what it says!

Thanks!

Sharone

RALPH CABAN said...

HI NI AM RAFAEL (RALPH) CABAN. THE YOUNGEST SON OF SANTERO MANUEL CABAN. I LIVE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA (SAINT CLOUD)..I HAVE SEVERAL BROTHERS & SISTERS STILL KICKING..INCLUDING A 87 YEAR OLD SISTER..OLDEST DAUGHTER OF MANUEL..QUITERIO IS MY GRANDFATHER & EDUVIJES MT GREAT GRAND FATHER..MY E-MAIL IS CAB0521@AOL.COM. WE STILL HAVE ONE SANTO IN OUR FAMILY..TRES REYES

Anonymous said...

What necessary words... super, magnificent idea

Shar said...

Hi Anonymous! Gracias for your very kind comment.

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right. In it something is also to me it seems it is very excellent idea. Completely with you I will agree.