Saturday 4 April 2009

The posting of the DNA markers is wonderful! Thank you so much those who have contributed! Yesterday I got a book out of the library about how to interpret DNA markers - what each one means and how it pinpoints a location. Well, at least I hope that's what it will do. I'm thinking it would be helpful if everyone could see why ("el porque" as my father always used to say) this or that marker puts our origins in different places. If anyone else wants to post their DNA results step right up! The more the merrier!

In the mean time it's also wonderful that our cousins are all reaching out and making contact... putting up a hand and saying, "Hey I'm here in... and my father or mother was..." Our name is uncommon and we come from those first settlers who made their way from Europe to PR. We are primos and we are waving to each other across time zones and the seas!

7 comments:

rosa said...

Hi my grand father name was Luis Caban, I don't know much about his origins but my mom told me that his parents were from puerto rico and spain.
I have been serching for the caban surname origins, i'm thinking on doing the dna test.
i would like to keep in touch with you.

Rosa

Alicia said...

Hello, is anybody related to Angelica
or Juan Caban - my fathers name is Edwin , and those are my grand parents. They are from Aguadilla

Unknown said...

hi i am a Ramirez Caban from moca pr, i wanteed to know if there was any one out there that could help me connect the dots within the familiy surname.

Unknown said...

also my Grand mother orginated from aguadilla, if thats any help

danny said...

hi my name is Daniel Caban and I have two brothers and one sister there names are Miguel Antonio Caban(oldest),Jeffrey Caban(middle),and Emily Carmen Caban(youngest).My dad is Miguel Angel Caban Gomez and hes from Canovanas and Carolina P.R. his fathers name is Eduvijes Caban.I wanna know the history of my family cuz my dad told that we were that we were only one family(the cabans) im curious about were i come from and to know my family.

DAI said...

Hello Geno researchers, this is Randy Caban-Rosario ny DNA results show Haplogroups I-L161 paternal and A2AM maternal, This was done through National Geographic and Family Tree DNA. Another breakdown is Mediterranean 42%, Northern European 25%, Native American 12%, Southwest Asian 11% and Sub-Saharan African 7%.

Shar said...

Hi Randy! That is wonderful! I didn't know that National Geographic was also doing DNA testing. That's certainly worth checking out. Regarding your Ancestry DNA... we both have Native American and African. I've wondered if the Native American was TaiƱo? The African is to be expected, in my opinion, as PR is such a mixed place. Truly... we are ech such individual and unique people though well linked to each other. I love it.