Tuesday 19 April 2016






 This is my sister and me with our grandmother, Margarita Rodriguez Y Soto de Cabán. 1957.

I have not been able to find any documentation or published articles about the Cabáns coming to PR as early as 1720. I believe it, because some respected people have said that the information is there, but does anyone know where it can be accessed?

Also, when doing your family tree... how do you do your surnames? Do you put it as Cabán Y Rodriguez (for example?) Or Cabán Rodriguez? Or do you use a singular patriarchal surname (Cabán) the Anglo way?

Finally, an anonymous commentator suggested looking at Saludos Webzine (http://content.yudu.com/Ax0fa/saludos/resources/1.htm) for articles on Cabán origins. Has anyone had success with this? I can only see the current issue, which has some interesting articles on Hispanic employment but nothing on genealogy of any sort!



No comments: